Terms & Conditions
- All taxes including the service tax will be charged extra as applicable.
- Freight & Cartage will be charged extra as applicable.
- Tent size mentioned may change/ differ as per requirement at the venue.
- Temporary Connection / Diesel Cost paid by the customer before Event (Cost Not included in Package if included mentioned as Genset and Diesel Charges).
- Booking will be considered Confirm only after receiving the payment in advance.
- Payments: (To be made in Cash/DD/ A/c payee cheque in the name of Gallop Enterprises (As Weddings Rituals is a sister company of Gallop enterprises).
- 25% of the total estimated amount as advance at the time of booking.
- 60% of the total estimated amount before 1 month of the event date.
- 15% of the total estimated amount on the event date (before starting the event).
- Any change in the Event / Program / Menu should be informed in writing / by e-mail 30 days prior to the date of the event. Discretion to accommodate such changes lies solely with Weddings Rituals.
- Scope of work, including food material, exceeding the minimum guaranteed level will be charged extra.
- Weddings Rituals will is not liable for any interruption or disturbance/cancellation in the event/program due to Natural Disaster/Riots/Fire/Flood/Cyclone/Curfew/Covid-19 etc.
- If Event date and payment are done from the client-side but due to Natural Disaster/Riots/Fire/Flood/Cyclone/Curfew/Pandemic/Covid-19 etc. The event has shifted to another date. That’s case payment is not refundable but Paid payment will be reused for the same client on another date.
- Any loss or damages directly by the party or by any contractor engaged by the party will be adjusted from the refundable security deposit. In case the value of the loss is greater than the refundable security deposit, the same will be recovered from the party before leaving the venue post-event.
- Seasonal fruits, vegetables or other perishables are subject to availability.
- Any additional service/goods ordered will be charged extra as applicable.
- All Disputes will be subject to Lucknow jurisdiction only.
- All taxes including the service tax will be charged extra as applicable.
2. Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Weddings Rituals.
3. Within 7 days after the advance amount is paid, if event is cancelled by the party then you will be entitled to 50% of the total paid less any supplier cancellation charges.
4. Within 15 days after the advance amount is paid, if event is cancelled by the party then you will be entitled to 20% of the total paid less any supplier cancellation charges.
5. After 15 days, if the event is cancelled by the party then, you are not be entitled to get back any of the total paid less any supplier cancellation charges.
6. The strict cancellation policy will apply to all other services.
7. Please note that irrespective of the above-mentioned cancellations slabs, there would be a service charge of 10% which would be applicable in case of cancellation of services after the booking is made with us.
8. If date is going to postponed then total advance will be transferred to next date with some terms & conditions.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat/email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the Double-click cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt out Browser add on.
We also agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to your account
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only those individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
And we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Ashok Marg, New Janpath Complex, Hazratganj